You’ve got your game plan for the day, the kids set up with their own activities, and you sit down to dive into your business only to find that your mind is just not there. You didn’t get enough sleep last night, so your energy is lagging. You are worrying about Sally coloring on everything, but the paper in front of her. And wasn’t the living room clean just 2 minutes ago? It can be so easy to let overwhelm take over & throw off the course of your entire day. That’s why having a mindset routine in place every morning is imperative.
Now I know what you’re thinking: you don’t have time to fit in even one more thing every day, right? Wrong! All it takes is 10 minutes, which can be done before anyone else in the house wakes up, and it will completely set your day up for success.
Let me break it down for you:
- Gratitude: before you get out of bed each morning, say to yourself 10 things you are grateful for. This will start your day with positive energy, which the Universe loves to give back to us.
- Meditation: get out of bed [or into a comfortable position] & be silent for two minutes. Ask yourself, “what do I need today to be the best version of me?”
- Endorphins: stand up, stretch, & spend the next two minutes doing jumping jacks, jogging in place, pushups/situps…whatever you feel like doing that will raise your heart rate & release a rush of endorphins.
- Journaling: grab a journal you love & spend the next three minutes setting your intentions for the day. Remember to keep your goals positive, because what you focus on is what you will attract more of.
- Affirmations: spend your final three minutes repeating affirmations you have developed uniquely for your goals. These can be personal, professional, general, or specific. Just make sure they are relevant to your vision & goals.
- Visualization: while you’re saying your affirmation, close your eyes and visualize how your day is going to go. What are your wearing? Who are you meeting? What are you eating? See the details playing out your intentions you have set.
There you have it! A simple 10-minute routine that will allow you to set the intention for the day, so that when all the other stuff we attribute to “mom-life” happens, we can address it & move on with our eye on the goal. Finding balance between mom-life and biz-life can be frustrating, but when you’re armed with the right mindset tools, you can push through and find success with ease.
Meet The Author:
Staci is a professional Branding Coach & the founder of The Yes Life Tribe. She has made it her mission to help mompreneurs dig deeper to uncover their identity beyond “mom,” design a brand that embodies their truth & vision, and create a life of balance, so they can live their Yes Life without the mom-guilt. Staci lives in Northern Minnesota with her husband and 4 children. She is passionate about travel, writing, personal development, & photography.