I was listening to Darren Daily one day last year and I realized, not only does his advice start my day off on the right foot but he always has these amazing words of wisdom that I start implementing in my business and waaaalaaaa magic happens!
When you are a stay at home mom, you literally need to use your time wisely in order to accomplish everything. Chunking is the BEST way I have found to be able to work my business and my mom life seamlessly. While I have been able to find more time in my day then every before I like to use my time wisely so I’m not all over the page when I sit down to work. Side note—> If you are looking for more time in your day check out my blog on “Managing Business & Mommy Life”, literally I have SOO much more time in my day once I figure out what I actually did each day.
Chunking is taking your to-do list and breaking each project into smaller specific tasks (in chunks). So for example, I’m working on an 8 week course so my break down looks something like this:
• Determine course content
• Record videos & Upload Videos
• Write e-mails & add videos
• Create sales page
• Upload all content to my scheduler & test launch
So that list might seem like a lot when you first look at it and you’re right, it IS! So what I do next is break those down even further into more manageable-mommy life appropriate- tasks.
• Create a content map so that I know where I am taking my customers
• Organize the content into specific modules
• Create headers for each module
• Create the objectives & outcomes for each module
• Create banner for each module
• Write out the video content notes for each module (in separate times)
• Record each module video (in separate times)
• Upload each video to my drive
• Write the E-mails & add video links for each week
Breaking down the tasks into smaller tasks (chunks of work) helps me see how each step completion will get me closer to my end goal of completing my 8 week course. Once I’ve really broken down my tasks I then add them to my planner each week so that when I sit down to work I know exactly what I am doing each day.
Outlining chunks of work ensures that you keep moving forward in your business, it allows you to hit your goals, and it assures that your customers are always cared for.
If you found this helpful share it with a friend 😉 Until next time